|29 Weeks and 1 day|
- Size of baby: Hampton is around 3lbs now! (We will see how big he's looking on Wednesday!)
- What is baby Skinner up to? Hampton now has eyebrows and eyelashes! He may also respond to sounds this week and he will continue to pack on some fat until is big arrival!
- Maternity clothes? A must!!!
- Sleep: Better this week! Still have the horrible back pain at night and I have difficulty getting comfortable at times. For the most part I am sleeping pretty good this week!
- Movement: Hampton has been moving a lot! This week, he has kept us entertained as we sit and watch my stomach move! You can definitely see his movements from looking at my belly and even though it is so weird, it is also so sweet. We also play the "Guess that Body Part" game when we feel and see his movements. We are soaking these moments up while we can!
- Best moment this week: Meeting sweet Mac Steltenpohl! That is right, our sweet friends, Josh and Jess, welcomed their precious little boy into the world on Wednesday, January 25th! More on Mac...see below!
- Food cravings: I am still stuck on my same favorites for the past couple of weeks but I have developed this craving for something cold. Weather that be that yummy ice, the little tiny balls of ice, or a milkshake or smoothie. Even a big glass of water with a lot of ice sounds good! I just want something cold all the time!
- What I miss: Nothing this week.
- Pregnancy Symptoms: Still having the regular back pain and I have started to retain some water...boo! I drink tons of water but I knew that retaining water was inevitable and I guess we are getting closer to the end so it's just part of it.
- What I am looking forward to: Seeing Hampton at our doctor's appointment this week! Luckily we will have another ultrasound on Wednesday and we cannot wait to see our little man!
Now on to the happiest part of our week...Mac is here!!! Meeting Mac was by far the best part of our week and we were all so anxious and excited to meet this sweet little guy. As most of you know, Jess and I have shared this pregnancy journey and to say it has been special is an understatement. Josh and Jess are such special friends of ours and we have loved sharing this time with them. So as you can imagine, we could not wait to welcome Mac into the world and being there to witness this precious little life in his first few moments is indescribable. Before it was time, we had a few minutes to love on the Steltenpohls in their last few minutes as a family of three!
Anna Lee was one anxious big sister to be!!!
Then we waited not so patiently for the first glimpse of Mac...
Then it was time!!! And the proud daddy came out to show off his new baby boy!
Weighing in at 8 lbs. 12 oz and 21.5 inches long, Mac was just precious!!! Of course being the emotional pregnant lady that I am, the tears were flowing nonstop as I saw that sweet baby boy! What a precious little blessing from above...
And watching Anna Lee see her baby brother for the first time just melted my heart! She was so happy to see Mac!!!
As we watched through the nursery window, Anna Lee was adorable! She would say, "I want to take him home." And then at one point, she looked at everyone with the biggest smile on her face and said, "That's my brother!" Talk about adorable!!!
Later that night, Kole and I headed to the hospital to see the new family of four!!!
Anna Lee was very protective of her new brother and she just wanted to love on him and stay right by his side. She is the sweetest big sister!
Mac is the sweetest little baby. He hardly made a peep and when he did it was the cutest little sound.
Sharing this experience with Josh and Jessica definitely made our upcoming arrival a little more real to us. Holding little Mac and looking at that sweet face makes us even more excited to hold our little boy! It is hard to believe we will be doing this in less than 10 weeks!
I think it is safe to say that Kole is ready!
Lucky for Josh, Kole was there to assist in changing the first dirty diaper and boy was it a doosy! But they got it done! It provided some serious entertainment and I'm pretty sure Anna Lee reconsidered her desire to help change Mac's diapers.
It was such a precious day that I know I will never forget. We have been waiting so long to meet him and we are so thankful that Mac and his mommy are doing great! We love little Mac already and we are excited to watch him grow. I know that Mac and Hampton will be the best of friends and I look forward to all of the sweet moments and fun times to come.
Welcome to the world Mac!!!