|21 weeks and 3 days|
As you can see, I'm a little behind on the baby updates this week but we are trucking along! We are officially closer to the finish line than we are to the starting point which is exciting to me! I here that pregnancy goes by pretty quickly from here and that makes me happy because I get more anxious to meet our little man every day!
- Size of baby: A banana!
- What is baby Skinner up to? Baby Skinner's arms and legs have reached their appropriate proportions and he is moving about while he still has some room. You won't believe but he is almost a pound! (Though I'm thinking he's probably already there) He can now recognize my voice which I just love! He is also getting into a regular sleep cycle which I am not seeing yet but maybe we will soon. Baby Skinner will be going through a big growth spurt this week which answers why I'm hungrier these days!
- Maternity clothes? The pants are a dream! Up until the last couple of weeks, I was trying to wear some of my non-maternity shirts but that has begun to change. I have definitely had to switch over to maternity shirts and I had a dear friend lend me some of her maternity clothes this week and it was like Christmas!
- Sleep: Has definitely been rough this week. I have had a very hard time getting comfortable and I have been waking up with some major back pain. So we decided to invest in a nice big maternity pillow. It's basically a big snake like pillow in the shape of a "C." Can I just tell you, it has helped so much and is giving me a much better nights sleep.
- Movement: Our little man is having some fun in this oven because he is moving more and more everyday. But I do feel him more on some days then I do on others which I hear is normal. He has been playing games with his daddy though...everytime I tell Kole to put his hand on my belly, he stops moving. So needless to say, Kole has not been able to feel him again but we'll figure out a way to trick him! ; )
- Best moment this week: Feeling Baby Skinner move more and the chair for the nursery came in and it looks so good! (I know I keep saying this, but pictures will come soon...promise! We just have a lot more to do before we can share the after pictures!)
- Food cravings: Nothing out of the ordinary, just a bigger appetite lately.
- What I miss: Nothing I can think of!
- Pregnancy Symptoms: Still having some ligament pains and I have now started having some back pains. It started when I woke up in the mornings, but now it's a pretty constant ache but still worth it.
- What I am looking forward to: Now that the Christmas season is upon us, I can't help but dream of how different next Christmas will be. We keep saying, "Oh just think how much fun next year is going to be." And I just know it will be! So we are looking forward to celebrating the holidays with our baby boy next year!